Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Where have I been?

Okay, I admit it. I haven't been writing in my blog, but that is going to change.

The past few weeks have been pretty exciting! I haven't worked with stop motion since I was a freshman in high school (which was in the last century, btw), and I haven't done any hand processing since 2002! I almost forgot how amazing it was to be under a safe light and watch the film (or back in the day, the photo paper) turn from white to a light-etched image. It is perhaps the closest to magic, in my humble opinion. The only problem I've ever had with film processing is the smell the chemicals gave off, but that's a given.

***

Recently, it was announced at my church that we're going to have a talent show in December. I'd love to show one of films I've made here at school, but (to be honest) I don't like any of the films I've made with the exception of the elements film we've made over the past few weeks. I'd like to do something experimental like that again where the film is physically manipulated, but this time including film of the local area, my friends, classes (if possible), etc. I probably need to look into how much it will cost for 8mm film and chemicals. I'll probably try the caffinol developer for biodegradable purposes. I wonder if I can borrow the fixer from the class stores?

No comments: